Saturday 12 September 2009

Internet helps to maintain friendships


Recently I read an article from a Chinese magazine saying the Internet is like a fridge that can help us to maintain our friendships for a very long time. Sometimes, when we stop talking to our cyber friends for a while, our friendships become “frozen”. But once we start talking again, everything would feel “fresh” again.


Two days ago, I talked to one of my friends whom I have known for around seven years. We have met in real life, but just for several times. I think we stopped chatting on MSN around two years ago. Since then, we keep each other on MSN friend list—never delete, and never double click. Two nights ago, she suddenly sent me a message saying my avatar looks pretty. Then we start chatting again and everything feels exactly the same.


So it came to me how wonderful the Internet is in this respect. In real world, sometimes my friends are just people passing by. But in cyber space, many of my friends are always there. Looking at the 200 contacts on my MSN friend list, many of them last longer than my friendships in real life. The Internet helps us to keep our friendships “frozen” and “fresh”. We never know how each other has grown old over the years; and our friendships can be evergreen online.

No comments:

Post a Comment