Thursday 13 May 2010

Week 10

This week has been the test run for our website. I think we are still struggling to get the site on the right track. The major problem we are facing is that whether we can get enough content on time. I’m thinking about using contributors’ articles if we can find any. I’m already trying to contact people who may be willing to write articles for us, but I will definitely bring this up during our next group meeting to make sure other group mates are comfortable with it.
This is off the topic but I feel pretty excited about Google Editions, which is in the news a lot recently. Such idea of selling e-books that are compatible with both computers and all major e-readers directly to the consumers is very intriguing to me. That means I won’t have to buy Kindle nor iPad to read e-books, but I can download and read the books on my 10-inch netbook (which was only half of the price of an iPad). When I actually get the money to buy an iPad, I can just transfer the book from my netbook to iPad without buying the book again on iTune. With Google Editions' four million titles, I guess it is soon going to be another mogul in the e-book market.

No comments:

Post a Comment