Wednesday 19 May 2010

Week 11

We had a test run on our website last week. I think the major thing we need to finish now is to decide the layout (which mainly is determined by the theme if we are using WordPress blog). It’s not just our group – most groups in the class are having the same problem. I personally think we should have the categories (or at least some navigation) on the left column of the page, but most themes have everything on the right column. So I guess eventually it becomes a matter of balance between what we want and what we can have.I really prefer the lay out of blogs provided by Chinese websites. For example, Xiuhui Looks at Japan has the logo, inks, mini-blog, recommended posts, awards on the left column, and the categories, search engine, video clips, hot posts on the right column.

Furthermore, after getting feedbacks from Sarah, I realised my writing was probably too advertisement-like in the past. So I need to revise the bookshop review I have done. And I also deleted a book review I wrote. I think I need to work on the voice of my articles, which didn’t really fit our indented audience.

Finally, I kind of get this feeling that our website looks really serious and probably will alienate people who are simply looking for something light and fun to read. Increase the variety of our articles probably will help.



No comments:

Post a Comment